Tag: Unjailbreak iOS 10.2
Luca Todesco has recently announced the first Yalu jailbreak build for iOS 10.2. It addresses iOS 10.0-iOS 10.2 but only a set of 64-bit devices. And as it is still not completely stable in processing, Luca has given us space to expect favorable changes up in future. But regardless of all drawbacks if you feel excited about this new tool release, here I come with the complete guide to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 with Cydia impactor.
Please Consider: Luca has set free this new tool build for the testing purpose. And he confirms this is more stable than the previous betas of Yalu for 10.0-10.1.1 even comes as the first Yalu 10.2 tool build. And as it is still under developing, there might be issues in the processing too. So please proceed at your own risk
Jailbreak iOS 10.2 with Yalu
The jailbreak still comes under active developing and might contain various issues. When considered its compatibility, it’s extremely limited to a selected set of devices at this moment. So pay your attention on below given facts prior to head the processing.
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad Pro
- The process is a semi-untethered similar to previous Pangu 9.2-9.3.3 where you have to re-jailbreak every time you reboot the device
- Make sure to backup all your data via iTunes or iCloud as processing is unstable and may harm your device’s content
- Charge your device to sufficient power scale
- Make sure you are listed in the above compatible device range to use Yalu 10.2 jailbreak
- Step 1: Download the latest Cydia impactor to the computer
- Step 2: Download IPA file named yalu102_alpha.ipa to the computer
- Step 3: Double click on Cydia impactor and launch
- Step 4: Connect your iDevice to the computer
- Step 5: Now drag Yalu IPA file into the Cydia impactor interface
- Step 6: Enter the Apple ID when required
- Step 7: Let Cydia impactor install IPA and note whether Yalu102 icon appeared on the Home screen
- Step 8: Launch Settings on the device and head General > Device Management and tap the profile related to the Apple ID you entered in Cydia impactor
- Step 9: To run the app press “Trust” and give permission to work on the device
- Step 10: Once done, launch the Home screen and enter Yalu102 app
- Step 11: Press “Go” and let jailbreak iOS 10.2
- Step 12: After a little wait your device will respring and then you should see Cydia app on the home screen of the device
If you are done successfully, you can now launch Cydia and enjoy compatible tweaks. But in case Cydia does not appears, you have to go back to the profile and check whether it is successfully trusted. If not, trust it back and run the jailbreak iOS 10.2 again. When turns Cydia 10.2, you have to head only the recommended tweaks to prevent getting problems.
Unjailbreak iOS 10.2
Had a try on Yalu 10.2 and now need to get back to the stock and wait for the stable jailbreak planned for up in future? No matter as you can simply make it happen with a clean iTunes restoring. And as iOS 10.2 still being signed you can downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to 10.2 and preserve the chance for upcoming jailbreak. So if you are planning to take the beta challenge on 10.2, you have the chance now as iOS 10.2 signing still open. But as Apple makes the decisions without warning, be attentive on what you do as it could stuck you with no jailbreak again. So check the signing status prior to the processing.
As jailbreak iOS 10.2 is still an alpha release, it is up to you to decide whether to jailbreak or not at this stage. But as it is going to be more stable with time, I recommend you to stay with iOS 10.2 and get complete and stable jailbreak once it is officially out. So wait for few weeks to get more exciting news. If you feel any problem with jailbreak or related facts in the post, write us for further clarifications.